Sunday, January 3, 2010

Oh the weather outside...


I don't remember the last time I took so much down time. Seems like we haven't been working at all since we got off tour right before Christmas. We did fly out for a new years gig, but even that didn't really feel like work. Guess I've picked the right profession...

It was nice seeing my family over the holidays but I woke up this morning in my parents house ready to get back to business, raring to go, only to be thwarted by mother nature. I tried making my way back to Toronto but the highway was closed.

Only then did I abort my driving mission (the white out conditions and snow covered roads should have been enough of a cue to turn around, but we have new music to make and I just couldn't give up without trying...)

For now I'll stick to hot chocolate and amaretto, and give it another go in the morning. Nice feeling looking forward to getting back to work. Wasn't that long ago I was a kid praying for the first day back to school to be a snow day.

-Daenen