Monday, November 16, 2009

Good morning Québec City


Just waking up this morning in my bunk. Its funny to lie here and have no idea where we might be. I believe the bus is rolling through old Quebec City..

Were now 6 shows into the tour, its been getting better and better each night, last nights show in Ottawa was a definite high. You guys sincerely know how to make a performer feel at home. Love.

Today is a day off, all of us secretly enjoy these, because they give us a moment to catch our breath and get ourselves back together. I think the plan is to go see "This Is It" today w MJ, I can't wait for the inspiration. There really is no one today who IS music the way that Michael Jackson was. He was an absolute prodigy and legend and we were all so lucky to be able to save what he's left behind. You know how NASA has put together packages before with information on our race and sent them into the universe? I've heard the packages include videos, music, and writings to help a creature learn about us should they stumble across it. Undoubtedly, that music should be Thriller. No record has ever touched all of us quite the same. I think what I've always appreciated about his art, and him as an artist, the most is how he has always been so "human". Never above.

I truly believe that the best art (and the only art worth creating) comes from your own heart and soul as a "human". Being a child, being in awe. Giving in to that spark of inspiration we sometimes get. Realizing that we are fragile and mortal. The only thing that is special within us is our humaneness. We each have a part of us that only we, unique, can leave behind.

So, as artists, we strive to inject our humaneness into our work because only then can it become an entity on its own. That's what all true and good art does. It breathes without us, the artists. I strive to do this everyday. Deep down I know if I succeed, the entity I create is far more powerful than I, Nathan, could ever be.

Michael Jackson succeeded.

See you all in Fredericton tomorrow.

Nathan
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network